Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Yes, it's winter in Morocco, too!



When some people think of Morocco, they think of hot, dry weather all year round. However, that's not the case. It gets pretty cool there in the winter time! Especially at night. And many homes and guesthouses have no heat in them.

My first trip to Morocco was in December 2002-January 2003. During the day I remember temperatures of 16-20 degrees C. (Agadir was a treat, as it was a bit warmer there.) At night it could drop below 10 degrees, however, and I remember wearing light gloves, a scarf and a jacket when out in the evenings. And I'd definitely be very chilly sliding into bed at night.

But even on the coolest days in Morocco, you will always see hints of the warm (and even the HOT) days to come. Oranges in the trees, brave souls willing to kick off their shoes and get their feet wet walking along the shore.

And I'm so pleased to have discovered this lovely blog post of a little bit of summer one riad owner in Marrakech found in Essaouira recently.

I know that stall. And that beautiful cerulean door with the bouquets of fresh herbs wired on. I know that warm sunny days are never far away in Morocco.

No comments:

Post a Comment